Alpaca wool is considered the gold of the Andes. Discover why!
- It is ideal for all seasons of the year: It is light on hot days and it warms more than any other wool on cold days. It contains microscopic air bubbles inside.
- It is hypoallergenic. Ideal for people who suffer itching in the skin with other wool. Contrary to sheep wool, alpaca wool does not contain lanolin as alpacas do not produce this type of animal fat. Their fibres are naturally waterproofing.
- High insulating power and thermal resistance. Alpaca wool is up to seven times warmer than sheep wool.
- It is a durable and strong fiber.
- It has an excellent shape and natural shine.
- Maintains appearance and form.
- Very soft to the touch due to the structure of the fiber.
- Compared to other wool and animal fibers, the alpaca wool has a low tendency to felting.